News Release July 29, 2020
Your Choice: Online, Email, Phone or safe in-person visits
With the provincial COVID-19 Restart guidelines, the Regional District is providing limited, in-person service from its main KLO Road building in Kelowna.
While public visits are available weekdays between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, residents are encouraged whenever possible to save time and travel by continuing to contact staff by phone or email or seek out information online through the rdco.com website. As well, customers requiring specialized services like development applications and building inspections should continue to arrange appointments with staff by phone or email. A department directory is available at rdco.com/directory.
As the pandemic response has evolved, customers have readily adapted to online, email and telephone services. As a result, there’s been a seamless transition in the provision of day to day services throughout the pandemic. It’s hoped that in the interest of everyone’s safety, people continue to utilize these convenient, available options.
In keeping with the public safety guidelines of the Province, Interior Health and WorkSafe BC, the RDCO has instituted a number of protocols for visitors to its administration building including:
- A limit on the number of visitors to the building (if possible, one per party)
- Personal hygiene requirements on entry
- Increased daily cleaning and sanitation of common contact surfaces
- Physical distancing in public areas and when dealing with staff
- Directional signage and floor markers for customers requiring service
- Installation of barriers to reduce potential transmission of the coronavirus
The Environmental Education Centre for the Okanagan in Mission Creek Regional Park is open Tuesday through Sunday for a maximum of five physically distanced visitors. The RDCO Dog Pound at 890 Weddell Place is open with a maximum of one visitor and continues to encourage dog drop off/pick up services by appointment at 250-469-6284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As health and safety guidelines evolve, the Regional District will adjust and update its customer service response to reduce potential spread of COVID-19. For updates on the RDCO Response to COVID-19 visit rdco.com/covid-19.
Please contact other organizations providing services from the RDCO Kelowna office on their public accessibility. *
- City of Kelowna KLO Community Policing Office Phone: 250-470-0600
- Okanagan Basin Water Board Phone: 250-469-6270 website: obwb.ca/contact/
- Okanagan Collaborative Conservation Program Phone: 250-718-4096 email: email@example.com website: okcp.ca
- Okanagan Film Commission Phone: 250-717-0087 email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: okanaganfilm.com
Sterile Insect Release Program Phone: 800-363-6684 email: email@example.com website: oksir.org