Killiney Beach remains under a Boil Water Notice and this will remain in effect until notice is provided by RDCO that the water is again safe to drink from the tap.
Some customers of the Killiney Beach Water System will be without water for approximately two hours tomorrow as crews install a generator at the Winchester Control room.
The work is scheduled tomorrow (Thursday, May 31st from approximately 12:00 pm until 2:00 pm only impacting customers on the following roads:
– Winchester Road
– Brant Road
– Houghton Road
– Even addresses from 9544 to 9574 Keithley Road.
Crews will work as quickly as possible to install the generator and get water flowing again.
In advance of the interruption, it’s recommended that impacted residents:
– Shut off hot and cold faucets and any equipment that requires water;
– Store sufficient drinking water for the interruption;
– Isolate supply to hot water tanks;
o If not isolated, avoid running hot water as impurities could be drawn into the hot water tank and may cause problems with its operation;
– Fill the bathtub with water to use for toilet flushing and only flush when absolutely necessary; and
– Use anti-bacterial hand sanitizer for hand washing.
Once the water supply has been restored, it’s recommended that affected residents:
– Run a cold water tap for five to ten minutes to ensure that the water runs clear
NOTE: Killiney Beach is still under a Boil Water Notice
No other Killiney Beach water customers will be affected by this work.
For information visit the Regional District website water system webpage (regionaldistrict.com/water) or contact RDCO Environmental Services at email@example.com or 250-469-6241. To subscribe online for Regional District water quality advisories or alerts by email visit regionaldistrict.com/water.