Killiney Beach Water Interruption
The Regional District of Central Okanagan advises Killiney Beach water system customers of a planned water interruption. This is necessary to replace a water-main above Westside Road.
The work is scheduled for this Thursday, July 20th from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM (Time water service is restored is estimated and may vary) impacting the following streets:
- Keithley Road
- Moody Crescent
- Udell Road
- Homer Crescent
- Lester Road
- Leah Road
- Westside Road N (Even addresses from 9304 to 9454 N)
No other residents are affected by this work.
It is recommended that impacted residents:
- Shut off hot and cold faucets and any equipment that requires water;
- Store sufficient drinking water for the interruption;
- Isolate supply to hot water tanks;
- If not isolated, avoid running hot water as impurities could be drawn into the hot water tank and may cause problems with its operation;
- Fill the bathtub with water to use for toilet flushing and only flush when absolutely necessary; and
- Use anti-bacterial hand sanitizer for hand washing.
Following the interruption and after water supply has been restored, it is recommended that:
- Run a cold water tap for five to ten minutes to ensure that the water runs clear
- Once the water runs clear, it is safe to drink and to use hot water.
Roadside notice boards will be put up in advance of working in the area. If you have any questions regarding the interruption please contact Environmental Services at 250-469-6241.
For information visit the Regional District website water system webpage (regionaldistrict.com/water) or contact RDCO Environmental Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-469-6241. To subscribe online for Regional District water quality advisories or alerts by email visit regionaldistrict.com/water.